Tech London Advocates, techUK and Centre for London have collaborated to produce London’s Digital Future: The Mayoral Technology Manifesto, a series of policy recommendations that show how the new Mayor can support digital growth and innovation.
The Manifesto offers 13 ambitious policy recommendations across five areas: future-proofing London, infrastructure, investment and funding, skills, immigration and funding and digital London government.
Key recommendations include:
- Hire a London Chief Digital Officer to collect, share and analyse data for improved public and private services
- Take the London message global through trade missions that champion every sector of London’s digital economy
- Conduct a comprehensive London-wide Innovation Audit to assess the effects of regulation on new digital services
- Establish a tech talent pipeline to work with educators and entrepreneurs to equip Londoners with the digital skills needed to survive and thrive
- Be bold on visas for tech professionals by protecting the Tier 2 visa and reinstating the Post-Study Work visa
Candidates will be invited to respond to the Manifesto, and present their own vision for London’s digital future at the DebateTech hustings.